Kiss-cut and die-cut products are popular promotional materials for business gatherings and product launches. While they have similarities in procedure and finished output, each cut has distinct features, benefits, and particular purposes.
This article will cover the similarities and differences between kiss cutting and die cutting and find out what is suitable for your next project.
Defining Kiss Cutting vs. Die Cutting
In kiss cutting, the tool pierces the upper layers but leaves the back layer intact. It is a common manufacturing process used to create labels, felt pads, hanging hooks, and more. The word “kiss” refers to how the blade makes contact with the upper layers of the material and applies enough force to leave a pattern or cut but not too much to penetrate through the back. This produces a final cut product on a removable layer of paper or foil.
Die cutting is a fabrication technique that uses specialized equipment and machine tools to cut, mold, and shear stock material into unique forms and patterns. The die-cutting method is flexible and adaptable to various materials, including metal, plastic, wood, and composites. This technique can also be incorporated in various sectors for die-cutting neoprene, die-cutting paper, packing, filter material and generating die-cut foam.
Kiss Cutting vs. Die Cutting: Which Should You Use?
Here is a list of the advantages and ideal applications for die-cut and kiss-cut products for you to know which one to pick:
Below is a list of advantages and applications of die-cutting for your next project:
- This method cuts output costs by lessening the need to trim the products.
- This technique allows you to see how your product will appear on the surface on which it is being applied.
- This process is ideal for producing eye-catching labels for computers, phones, bikes, or water bottles.
The following are the advantages and applications of kiss-cutting for your next project:
- This method creates a product with an additional backing paper around the edge of your label.
- This technique is easily customizable to add your company name, website, or contact information.
- This process is ideal for delicate artwork since the extra backing paper preserves the label until it’s applied.
- This method facilitates convenience with easy label
MCMILLANCO: High-Quality Kiss Cutting and Die Cutting Services
When choosing between kiss cutting and die cutting, it comes down to personal preference and what works best for your application. Both techniques are excellent ways to add a personal touch to any printed product.
If you haven’t explored the advantages of die or kiss-cut labels , business cards, or other products representing your business, now is the time to do so. At MCMILLANCO, we can assist you in determining which kiss cut or die cut products best suit your needs and craft that item for you!
Contact us or request a quote today to learn more about our products, services, and solutions! Our expert team is looking forward to assisting you.